To be a center of academic excellence in Political Science, fostering cutting-edge research to train highly qualified masters and doctors and internationalize Brazilian science.
– Encourage and facilitate the realization of frontier research in political science, promoting the production of innovative and relevant knowledge.
– Provide graduate training of excellence in Political Science.
– Promote academic cooperation, both nationally and internationally, stimulating the formation of symmetric and collaborative networks in the production of knowledge.
– Contribute toward strengthening graduate programs in Political Science in Brazil, through actions of solidarity and nucleation, as well as constant work with research agencies and in events in the area.
– Contribute toward strengthening UFMG’s undergraduate education.
– Promote interfaces between academia, the State, and society, generating knowledge to contribute toward developing and assessing public policies, and toward solving social problems through other instruments.
– Safeguard the ethical principles of research in Humanities.